Monday, May 26, 2008

In the News...

Two Wednesdays ago I had a Family Art Night for Artist Trading Cards at my elementary school where I teach art. The story made the front news of the paper the next morning!

Last Wednesday was my school's family art night  for Artist Trading Cards that I put together. I had written a DonorsChoose.org grant (my first one ever) and it was funded by the Prout Family and Robert Hanley, CEO of Home Video Studio.


This fun-filled art night lasted from 5:30-7:30 with a special presentation half-way though the night and a DVD slideshow IMOVIE that I put together of all the students artist trading cards. 22 Different families totaling over 70 people showed up for this event throughout the night. We even had a reporter present (who some how began calling these artist painting trading cards?!) that took photos that made the front page. 

It was so nice to hear from all of the parents and see the younger students making the ATCs (because I do not teach K-2 to make these yet). One family even brought a huge box full of playing cards, old book pages, puff paint, sharpies, and more to go above and beyond in making and trading their cards! 


All proceeds of this book go back to purchasing books for students and ACEO education. 

Check it out in my shop or at the Official Book Blog!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great program and congrats on getting on the front page of your paper!

Related Posts with Thumbnails