Monday, July 12, 2010

The Weekend Top Three

What a busy weekend! Where did my summer go???

MY BIRTHDAY, MY FAVORITES
Saturday was my birthday! I spend a nice day with my grandparents, then dinner with my husband and parents at the Melting Pot! Has anyone ever eaten there before? It is AMAZING! Fondue is so much fun!

In celebration of my birthday, I am sharing some of my recent Etsy favorites that I would want for my birthday! Are you a shop that is a favorite item of mine?




MY WEDDING ALBUM IS HERE!
I am so excited that I got my wedding album done (one year later). For those of you who missed the story about my computer crashing and losing my photos, etc, etc... you will be happy to know that it is done now. I had gotten through about 60% of the album before I lost all my work. I am in need of a back up drive (which is my birthday present to myself this week) just in case that ever happens again! Luckily, a shop on the northside of Indy called Elan, was able to restore my computer to something functional and "new" even though I lost everything.

To make my album, I used Blurb, a site that lets you create and publish your own books. I have such a nice album with a hardcover, image wrap. The quality is great! It is the same company I used to make my two books about Artist Trading Cards. The second edition is still available in my Etsy shop! It is great that we can now DIY when getting wedding albums because I got about 350 pictures I loved in the 120 page book. If I would have bought from a photographer, it would cost about $200-300 per album and only about 20 photos. I took two really cheese photos with my PhotoBooth program, so the quality of the photo is not great, but I like including spontaneous photos in my posts.

WORLD CUP AND INFOOR SOCCER CHAMPIONS!
A shout out to our indoor soccer team, The Unusual Suspects, who won their first division championship in about 3 years! This is the most expensive t-shirt I have ever bought! We have always been awesome, but are always in 2nd or 3rd place. We really were awesome this session and only to get better as some of our injured players come back to the team next session. The World Cup game just happened to not be over yet when it was time to leave for the game. Luckily, we did make it to the game in time for Spain to score the winning goal! Congrats to Spain as well for their HUGE win! Any opinions about the World Cup?

Just a reminder that the Christmas In July Sale is starting for many shops (including my own). Check out the blog post about Etsy's Christmas In July for more info!


1 comments:

LiPeony said...

Happy belated bday! I've heard of the Melting pot and my cousin and his gf loves that place. Your wedding album looks awesome! I agree spontaneous photos make it fun and intimate =) Congrats on the soccer win! I did watch the World Cup game and it was indeed exciting =D

Related Posts with Thumbnails