Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gardens Galore: My Gardening Experience So Far...


I am really excited to show you photos of my "garden." I put "garden" in quotes because yes, it is a garden, but I am still in the learning stages. Last year we had only a container garden and had pretty good luck. This year, I did a little science experiment to see if veggies would have enough sun to grow in the ground at the side of my house. I decided to do both this year and took some photos to show how they have been doing after a month. The ground plants were more mature than the container plants, so there is a difference as it is, but the ground plants are growing and look much more healthier.

You can also see my strawberries attacking my Rhubarb. I was able to get a good amount of strawberries about 3 times so far (every 2 days I pick), but now something is getting to them and they are quite small.

I did see a chipmunk and a new hole in my mulch. Anyone know what I should do about this? I hope the chipmunks do not eat my veggie plants when they start growing actual vegetables! I need chipmunk help!!!

6 comments:

Janets Planet said...

The strawberries look yummy.

I wonder if putting cat hair around will help ward off the chipmunks.

Holly said...

I love your gardening treasury!

Amanda said...

Lovely treasury! Your plants are looking good!

Sarah said...

I'm impressed that you grew those great-looking strawberries!

curator said...

saw you on the forums, nice blog.

check out mine if you have time.

http://artandamerika.blogspot.com

April said...

Love your garden ♥

We rent this house and it has a very well established rhubarb plant that every year gets to be about 8 feet tall. Such a pain because we don't even like rhubarb!

Related Posts with Thumbnails